![]() |
| That's trouble |
Ally's post reminded me to get in touch with some other people in the Goleros family to see what's up. If you're inspired yourself, reach out to an alumni of the Orange and White, and let us know what our people are doing.
From Suzie, current teammate on the IR:
Hey Peter!
I miss you guys! And I miss playing soccer! My foot is ok, I am still on crutches but I go to the doctorThursday and I'm hoping he'll let me get into a walking boot! Baby steps, I guess.
Unfortunately I am unable to come to the game, but good luck and I hope you kick ass!I'm so proud of how well you guys are doing!
Suzie
From Jackie Y, who I believe you may possibly remember if you think really hard about it. Let's see, she was that girl from Jersey who had a sense of humor as I recall.
Hey Peter!!!
long time no talkie.. How are the kiddies? and the rest of the family?Things are going well here in the dirty Jerse... it seems like AGES ago that I lived down in DC and played with the Goleros.... I read this article and think, "HOLY crap CUA has infiltrated Goleros!!!" which is not a bad thing... but that's soo great that the girls have joined the team :) makes me sooo very happy :)
I am hard at work at school... tons of classes and I am almost done.. almost.. May 2013 I will have my BS/MS in Foods and Nutrition with a Sports and Wellness Certificate! :) Then I apply to an internship and go off to that for a year and then sit for the RD exam and HOPEFULLY become a Dietitian!
I play on a bunch of teams up here.. I play On sundays with a women's league in Randolph, NJ.. then Sunday nights I play on a Co-ed team run by my boyfriend and we play in morristown and our team name is Ramrod (but we will be changing that next season! hahaha) and Finally I play on a women's Indoor league on monday nights in a dome in Montclair and I think our name is Orange Crush! hahahahahahah
NONE of these teams have the soul or spirit like the Goleros did... They come MIGHTY close.. but none of them shine a light on what I miss down there :(
I love that article and picture... thanks so much for posting it! PLEASE tell everyone that I love them and miss them!love,Jackie
From Ashley, who is living in Miami now:
PETER!!!Good!! How are you? I miss soccer so much. There isn't any teams that I have found down here :( I love Miami though! So warm and we live right on the beach!!! Lifestyle is pretty chill. I am working at a Physical therapy office and working on my PTA (physical therapy assistant). So exciting! How is the family and the new baby? Hows the team? Hows work?
Talk to you soon, send the team my love! :)-- Ashley
It's great to hear from our friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment