Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Close game - have any thoughts?

Well, what did you think?

How can we improve on that for next game?

We lost a 2-1 decision. Tsunami picked up the win with a good strike, for its second goal, early in the second period. After an early gaffe, which led directly to their first goal in the 2', we were only able to muster one official goal and thus unable to claim the point. The tying goal, put into the back of the net in the 60' on a great long ball and finish, was called back on a controversial offside call. Without video replay, it will be difficult to prove my allegation that Chris was about 15 feet onside when the ball was kicked. I am going to take this to the competition committee and to district court.

Despite some tough breaks - the slipping and a few calls (you have to expect that will happen though) - we played well and so did our opponents. We had a nice effort in the second half, and we showed a lot of energy and some evolving teamwork. I think our tournament nucleus carried the team with the organization it had built in three games yesterday.

I hope we're happy with the game. It was well played.

Editorial note: Did anyone notice that Griz locked down the the right side of defense today?

Game notes: 2-1 loss to Tsunami 3/28/10, Blair HS. Goal: Chris (Jon). Discipline: Yellow on Adrian (simulation and dissent - neither of which occurred actually, which made it strange).



2 comments:

  1. fitness fitness fitness.

    they had to many moves all the way from our midfield and through our defense that went unabated.

    fitness helps the midfielders recover and stop those runs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nathan. Once we get ourselves back into soccer shape, our games will mimic the first half play much more than the second half. I thought the game was fun, and everyone played very well despite the inevitable fatigue. We'll get 'em the next time we play them. And yes, I was on-sides when the ball was kicked.

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete