Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Monday, April 20, 2009

3-2 win/ We have a bye next Sunday (re-posted)

Post your thoughts on the game here. C'mon, let's see some comments.

What was the key to our goals and goal-keeping? Did you like that sequence on the third goal? What do we need to work on?

I thought it was a good game by both teams. Tsunami plays well as a team and they very sporting. They probably should have sunk the first goal in the match. We did well to keep them off the board until late.

Next week, we have a bye. The next game is May 3rd at 11:30 a.m.

5 comments:

  1. C'mon, people!! I wasn't there so you need to fill me in with details.
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, does anyone want to comment? I'm mainly writing this comment to make the comment count go up, and to thereby lure more commenters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun! They got a PK (oh, well) and a good one on me in the last minute, but it was fun game. I thought we were in control most of the time.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna hafta disagree with Liam on that control part. As Pete said at half time when we were 1-0 up, our goal was against the run of play. I kept counting our players to see if they had more on the field than us because there were always 2-3 white shirts open in the first half. I actually barked at a few players to get in better positions and win 50/50 balls, I feel sorry I did that, but after playing sweeper in the first half and trying to repel attack after attack I felt frustration inside me. We need to watch our transitions. Most of the time when we won the ball back our players would immediately run up field leaving our teammate with the ball no one to pass to. Running up field and into space is good because you can draw coverage away from the ball, however, we also need 2-3 players running closer to show for the ball and get an easy pass. Mike and Jer did this well - getting easy square balls from Ermy in the middle. That's our game the short easy passes using all our players. When we play like that we score lots of goals.

    Our first goals was a fluke their goal keeper tipped a cross off the post and it bounced in. Jer's free kick for the second goals was a beaut I tell you. And the third goal was pure Goleros - about four or five good quick passes - Jon made a nice turn with his back to goal to get open to put it past their keeper diving left. (Adrian had a few nice shots - one that was blocked that sat up on the line waiting for me to tap in, but it took a weird bounce and that slow guy pushed me from behind and I missed - no excuses though I should have put it in. I'm glad we didn't need it, but it was close.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah and one more thing. There was a lot of talk after the game for giving Liam the player-of-the-match award for keeping us in it to win it.

    ReplyDelete